About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) is the sole independent governing body for managing, organizing and developing Cricket (Men and Women) in Afghanistan. The game of cricket was officially established in 1995 in Afghanistan. It was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001, associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003 and full membership of the International Cricket Council in June 2017. Afghanistan has its National Cricket Teams playing among the top 10 cricketing countries of the world.
The Bowling Coach will be responsible for supporting the Head Coach in the identification and delivery of key bowling objectives that will result in the preparation of the Afghanistan Cricket Board’s bowling talents.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Head Coach to develop a clear and compelling strategy for Afghanistan Cricket’s professional bowling unit.
- Assist the Head Coach with the delivery of coaching programmes for training preparation and playing, both on and off the field, for the players
- Travel with the National team squad to away matches to assist the Head Coach with match preparations
- Prepare and deliver specialist bowling programmes for Afghanistan Cricket Board players
- Assist the Performance Analyst with the scouting of opposition - Detailed analysis of each opposition batting - Generic bowling plans for the team, per batting - Individual bowling plans, per batter - Present findings to the team if required - Discuss opposition bowler with ACB batsmen
- Undertake one-on-one coaching with identified players
- Develop positive and strong working relationships, and work closely with other coaches in cricket
- Provide bowling drill coaching and warm-up support in training sessions and on match days
- Assist the Head coach and identify talented young's bowlers
- Apply safe bowing practices, identify and minimize risk factors to bowlers
- Work closely with the Strength and Conditioning Coach and Physiotherapist in applying appropriate strength and conditioning principles relevant to safe bowling
- Support and advise the Head Coach / Assistant Coach in ensuring consistent bowling coaching methods are being deployed throughout training, courses, workshops, and sessions
- Be a mentor for promising Talented bowling players
- Establish a close working relationship with the performance support staff (Performance Analyst, Physiotherapist, Strength and Conditioning Coach)
- Be available to provide coaching to the players who require off-season assistance
- Develop and train bowlers in skills, tactics and strategies for bowlers in different formats – T20, One-Day and Test cricket
- Develop positive working relationships with coaches and playing staff
- Ensure regular communication with coaches, players, and Head Coach
- Level 4, Specialist Bowling Coach or Level 3 with the ambition to embark on the Specialist Coaching Programme
- Experience of playing and coaching at International level required
- Strong technical knowledge of all facets of the game of cricket
- A wide-ranging cricket network
- An innovative thinker with the ambition to deliver the best bowling programme in cricket.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A flexible attitude to work with players.
- Understanding various coaching styles.
- Able to communicate effectively with players and coaches.
- Experience of setting up and delivering coaching programmes.
- Able to prepare training programmes to meet the needs of each player.
Interested qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs to the below email address no later than the closing date specified.
Note: Do not forget to mention position title at the subject line of your emails or else your applications will not be considered
Functional Area: Cricket
Submission Email: email@example.com