The Annual General Meeting of ACB board was held today at ACB Headquarters in Kabul.
The meeting was attended by ACB Mr. Chairman Farhan Yusefzai and all Board Members including Mr. Mohammad Jawad Paikar, Mr. Ziaul Haq Amarkhail, Ms. Gulalai Noor Safi, Mr. Feridun Ilham, Ms. Kamila Sidiqi, Mr. Nooryalai Ibrahimi proxy to Mr. Abdul Rahman Alokozy and ACB CEO Mr. Lutfullah Stanikzai.
ACB CEO Mr. Lutfullah Stanikzai delivered the presentation that outlined the achievements and activities of ACB in the year 2019 & the board discussed various agenda points and took important decisions for development of cricket. Some of the important points and decisions from the meeting included the following:- The Plan and Budget for the year 2020 was approved unanimously.
- The Board directed that a vision should be decided for ACB that shall be in line with its Strategic Plan for the upcoming 20 years as well as its Mission and a clear Roadmap.
- A comprehensive commercial plan for outsourcing of Grounds and Academies with the required assistance of the Ministry of Urban Development and Land led by Mr. Mohammad Jawad Paikar.
- Moreover, the board members also unanimously backed the plan for allocation of lan opposite Afghanistan Football Federation in Kabul.
- The Board proposed a meeting with AGC about funding the construction of the new international cricket stadium in Kabul.
- The Board also asked ACB's Executive Administration to prepare a mechanism for the certification of cricket related organizations, clubs and academies across the country.
- The board backed the cancellation of Afghanistan T20 Cricket Federation licence by Ministry of Justice as ACB is the sole authorized body for cricket in Afghanistan and no other body can operate without the certification of ACB.
- It was decided that henceforth the Board members will conduct a meeting once a month.
- The Board instructed ACB management to prepare and present a TOR for hiring a new partner for the Afghanistan Premier League T20 (APLT20) in the next Board Meeting before the commencement of a transparent procurement process for a new partner.