|Posted Date||2020-07-26||Closing Date||2020-08-09|
|Category||Procurement||Type||Expression of Interest (EOI)|
Ref: Outsourcing of ACB Cricket ground and Academies in different provinces
- About Us
- The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full member nations.
- The rise of Afghan Cricket over the last few years has been an extraordinary story in the Cricket world. The success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan, that has attracted a large number of fans and followers, as well as gaining considerable global attention. Cricket fans across Afghanistan have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in international Cricket is closely followed by crowds at the Stadiums and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
- Cricket is more than a game of sports in Afghanistan as it has brought a hope of unity and peace to the nation that has been in war for nearly four decades. As per a survey Afghanistan has the fifth largest fan base and TV viewership in Cricket world.
The Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) manages and runs cricketing affairs in Afghanistan and is a Full Member cricket board of International Cricket Council (ICC). It’s the only country that has received full membership in a record time. We play our domestic matches in Afghanistan while our international matches are played in UAE and/or India.
- About Grounds and Academies:
Currently, Afghanistan Cricket Board has the ownership of thirteen Cricket grounds and seven academies in all Afghanistan. Out of the grounds the ACB is outsourcing three grounds and six academies. The academies to be outsourced as below:
- Kandahar Cricket Ground
- Paktia Cricket Ground
- Kandahar Cricket Academy
- Paktia Cricket Academy
- Helmand Cricket Academy
- Kapisa Cricket Academy
- Signed expression of Interest letter on company letterhead
- Name and address of the interested party
- Copy of Valid Business license and Tax Certificate
- Bank Statements for last one year
- Eligibility Criteria:
- A registered and licensed company.
- The company shall have experience in the agriculture, construction or any other relevant field.
- The company must have a physical address.
- The company must appoint ground related technical (curator & grounds men) for maintenance process.
- Familiarity with Cricket is a plus point.
Afghanistan Cricket Board
Alkozay Kabul International Cricket Stadium,
Khan Abdul Ghani Road, Kabul, Afghanistan
Email to: email@example.com
The interested parties may submit the EoI along with proof of eligibility to the following email address no later than (1600 hours AFT, Sunday 9th August 2020).
ACB reserves the right to cancel the entire process and/or modify, add or alter the terms of the EOI and/or the conditions by issuing notice(s)/addendum(s) at any time prior to the bid and to reject any or all offers at its sole discretion, without assigning any reasons whatsoever.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to receiving your response to this EOI.