About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) is the sole independent governing body for managing, organizing, and developing Cricket (Men and Women) in Afghanistan. The game of cricket was officially established in 1995 in Afghanistan. It was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001, associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003, and full membership of the International Cricket Council in June 2017. Afghanistan has its National Cricket Teams playing among the top 10 cricketing countries of the world.
A Spokesperson & Public Relations Officer is the voice (and face) of an entire organization and someone who’s chosen and hired by the Afghanistan Cricket Board to talk and communicate with media, government, and the public to promote ACB cricket activities and achievements by giving speeches, making statements, and answering questions via press releases, press conferences, media interviews, social media posts, government hearings and private and public meetings with national and international media outlets on behalf of ACB.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement an effective PR and communications strategy in line with ACB's strategic plan.
- Serve as the spokesperson for the organization, promoting its mission, values, and goals to internal and external audiences.
- Build ACB's trust and credibility with the Media and Public.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts, proactively pitching story ideas and responding to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Write and issue press releases upon management approval to ensure optimal press and media coverage.
- Build and maintain relationships with the print, broadcast, and online media.
- Respond to media queries both verbal and written on different matters without any delays.
- Search and monitor the media, managing and providing daily news-cutting service, and ACB’s responses if needed, and making key staff aware of issues that affect ACB activity and reputation.
- Actively attend Television, Radio, and Print media channels interviews, and press conferences programs.
- Collect and compile data and information from all relevant departments for providing timely and comprehensive information to media outlets and through them to the general public.
- Provide different content and prepare interviews for ACB Chairman, CEO, Players, and ACB staff on a need basis.
- Coordinate and manage interview requests of different media outlets with ACB’s officials and players;
- Maintain regular communications with national and international media outlets.
- Handle ACB’s opening ceremonies and presentations during cricket events and programs.
- Provide media awareness workshops for ACB players and staff.
- Provide cricket awareness workshops for interested media persons and journalists in coordination with ACB’s Media department;
- Provide technical advice on media, information collection, and issue identification.
- Manage clear pathways for the public and media persons while visiting the ACB.
- Prepare and manage budgets relating to PR and communications including cost schedules for media events and press conferences.
- Coordinating with other departments within the organization to ensure that communications are consistent across all platforms.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, or any related field with at least 7 years of experience OR Master’s degree with at least 4 years of experience.
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written (English, Pashto, and Dari). English proficiency proof (TOEFL, IELTS, or DUOLINGO) is required.
- Passion for sports and understanding of the game of cricket.
- Familiarity with ICC rules and regulations.
- Communication skills which include active listening, Content Writing, Speech Writing, Presentation, Logical Thinking, and Media Relations.
- Time Management in Scheduling, Prioritizing, Multitasking, and Attention to Detail
- Creative Thinking in Troubleshooting, Brainstorming, Problem-Solving, and Stress Tolerance.
- Public Relations Skills: Flexibility, Initiative, Motivation, Reliability, and Client Relations.
- Core Values & Ethics: Demonstrate integrity and fairness, show strong corporate commitment, be honest, and comply with ACB rules, regulations, and code of conduct.
- Leadership: Focuses on client impact and results. Display a positive attitude/enthusiasm.
- Managing Relations: Build strong client relationships, build strong external relationships, and communicate clearly and convincingly (Manage conflict and stress)
- Managing Complexity: Leads development of clear strategies, Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Interested qualified candidates are requested to send their CVs along with a Cover letter to the below email address no later than the closing date specified.
Note: Do not forget to mention the position title in the subject line of your emails or else your applications will not be considered.
- Report writing
- Public Administration
- Communication and Media
- Mass media