|Posted Date||2020-09-07||Closing Date||2020-10-02|
|Number of Vacancies||1||Gender||Any|
|Salary||As per ACB Salary scale||Location||Head Office|
|Years of Experience||12 to 20||Contract Duration||One Year|
|Contract Type||Long-Term||Probation Period||Three Months|
|Extension Possibility||Yes||Required Languages||Pashto, Dari and English|
|Qualifications||Masters Degree, IELTS 7.0 Band|
The primary role of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is to develop the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) into an outstanding sporting organization, to provide vision and leadership to cricket in Afghanistan at all levels of the game, and to represent Afghanistan with distinction as a member of the International Cricket Council and the wider international cricket community.
The CEO will formulate and implement the strategic goals and objectives of the ACB's 5 Year Strategic Plan. The role will involve preparing the future Development, Operational, Strategic and Business Plans for approval by the Board and managing the day-to-day activities required to meet the ACB’s strategic plan and governance structure.
The CEO will be a non-executive member of the Board and will report to the Chairman and Board members of the Afghanistan Cricket Board.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ACB Strategic and Business Plans
- Review the vision and strategic objectives of the ACB 5 Year Strategic Plan
- Implement a Business Plan consistent with the objectives of the ACB,s Strategic Plan, the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) and the International Cricket Council (ICC)
- Lead the Management Team in meeting the objectives set out in the strategic and business plans
- Regularly review the management and governance of the ACB and to recommend to the Chairman and Board the appropriate changes to improve performance and effectiveness
- Make recommendations and assist the Board in developing longer term strategies
- Ensure effective planning takes place across all departments of the ACB
- Work with the ACB and other stakeholders to deliver the ACB’s agreed vision, objectives and outcomes for cricket
- Report to the Chairman and Board on performance and key issues and attend and report to AGM and Board meetings and others as required
- Ensure Preparation of the Annual Report, administration and arrangements for the Annual General Meeting, Board and other general meetings
Management & Leadership
- Provide effective leadership and management to all the ACB staff to ensure cricketing and commercial/business objectives are met and exceeded
- Overall responsibility for the day to day administration and financial activities of the ACB in conjunction with senior managers and Finance department
- Ensure effective Corporate Governance of the ACB and be responsible for developing the ACB as an organization
- Manage all aspects of contractual arrangements for professional players, coaches and all staff
Finance and Business Administration
- Oversee and have overall responsibility for all ACB finances and financial administration in collaboration with the Finance Department
- Ensure the ACB’s finances are properly managed, recorded and reported
- Set, manage, present and deliver the annual the ACB budgets to the Board and the ICC
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure the ACB complies with all laws, regulatory standards, guidelines and best practices with regard to its business, including the following requirements:
- The Chairman and Board’s requirements for regular reporting
- ACC and ICC reporting requirements
- Donor and sponsor reporting requirements
- Ministry of Finance reporting requirements
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Department to effectively manage the human resources of the organization according to the ACB’s HR policy and procedures that fully conform to current employment legislation and best practice.
- Develop and implement a staff appraisal and development program along with a regular performance management program
- Oversee the performance and conduct training's for all ACB's staff including players, officials and administrative staff
Commercial Operations and Marketing
- Oversee and have overall responsibility for all ACB marketing activities in close collaboration with the Marketing Manager
- Seek new funding streams from external partners including donors, commercial and governmental organizations – ensure all funding that is available from these bodies is obtained.
- Promote the ACB’s profile with the ACC and ICC, sponsors, funders and key stakeholders
- Implement commercial plans which maximize income from high profile matches and profitability
- Regularly review the performance of the Marketing Department
Media and Communications
- Ensure all aspects of the ACB are effectively promoted to maximize media coverage and are recognized in the local community and throughout the Cricketing world
- Develop and implement appropriate media training for the ACB Media Department staff members
- Regularly review the performance of the Media Department to ensure the ACB is being effectively promoted
Health, Safety and Insurance
- Ensure the ACB fully complies with Health and Safety best practices and implements best practice with regards to the management of health and safety in the ACB workplace and on the playing field
- Develop an annual insurance program for all players competing at national and international levels.
- Develop effective working relationships and partnerships with the ACB’s key stakeholders, donors, sponsors and other funding bodies both within the Afghanistan and internationally
- Develop effective and productive working relationships with the ACC and the ICC as well as the cricket boards of other countries
The CEO will be required to undertake substantial travel both in the country and internationally.
Experience & Skills:
- Proven senior experience of running a multi-functional organization.
- Proven working knowledge of ICC, the ACB and local organizations
- Financial and commercial experience
- Proven experience developing funding opportunities and generating additional income.
- Proven capability for forward planning
- Experience in budgetary control
- Familiar with evaluation methods
- A high level of English literacy including speaking, reading, writing and comprehension of complicated documents and technical cricketing language in English (IELTS required - minimum 7 band scores)
- Sound knowledge of IT and computer technology
- Good budget control
- Proven record of excellent relationship building
- Ability to exercise conflict management and make objective decisions in difficult situations
- Ability to remain objective and avoid being drawn into petty disputes and “party politics”
- Ability to motivate and provide guidance and direction
- Exercise judgment and make decisions
- Good negotiation, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Marketing and communication skills
- 12 years of experience in related areas such as finance, commercial, sport management
- Participation in cricket at high level with international contacts
- Recent relevant work experience
- Participation in high level cricket
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications via E-mail, indicating the Title & Vacancy number of the position (Chief Executive Officer – 013/2020) to the below address.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for an interview.
The closing date for applications is: 02 October 2020 (5 PM)