Afghanistan Cricket Board
The Afghanistan Cricket Board was established in 2001. It is an independent and specialized organization in the field of Cricket. It works for the development of cricket, and players in the country, and organizes different formats of opportunities aiming to improve cricket and support players. ACB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Therefore, applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for devising business development strategies and plans in coordination with the relevant stakeholders including line managers and ACB leadership. This should cover important areas including branding, pricing, sponsorship, as well as developing ideas related to creative marketing from inception to completion. The Business Development Specialist should be a competent professional who possesses strong research, analytical and business skills in addition to excellent commercial awareness.
Marketing (particularly in sports and social marketing), Proposal Writing, Report Writing
Requires travel to provinces:
Business Development Skills
- Excellent understanding of business development marketing concepts including marketing research methods.
- Possess excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Passion for sports and understanding of the game of cricket.
- Familiarity with rules and regulations of cricketing bodies including the Asian Cricket Council and the International Cricket Council
- Be creative, Innovative, Good Looking and Self-Starter
- Excellent understanding of national and international media channels, and Marketing Strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop operational and strategic departmental plan covering different aspects of business development.
- Design, conduct, analysis and present market research to ensure effective marketing management and business development.
- Assess, plan and implement various promotional campaigns to help ACB achieve its short-term, long goals and objectives leading towards the achievement of the organization’s mission and vision.
- Organize events for brand awareness and business development purposes by involving potential sponsors and partners.
- Coordinate and liaise with sponsors and partners during cricketing events about ground branding, online promotion etc.
- Identify business partners and sponsors for marketing their products and services in ACB’s events, online resources, and publications.
- Interact with vendors for creation and production of marketing related items.
- Be creative to come up with new ideas, graphic designs, and promotional materials for ACB.
- Provides expert direction and insight to staff members throughout daily and each tournament, project and campaign.
- Track marketing strategy result closely and create detailed report with data analysis and other feedback.
- Adjusts business development plans as needed.
- Perform and undertake any other individual and group tasks as assigned by the line manager.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing management, business management or a related field
Proven previous relevant work experience in Business Development (Marketing) roles with internationally-oriented organizations, ideally in the area of sports and recreation
Business Development Specialist
Interested qualified candidates should submit a copy of their CV along with the Cover letter to the below mentioned email address.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview/written test.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is an equal employment opportunity for all.
Note: Please mentioned the vacancy number in subject line of your email.