Afghanistan Cricket Board has a brilliant history of development and achievements in Afghanistan. This organization has great responsibilities and duties as a national organization in the country. As organizational reforms some changes has come in the organization as Mr. Nasimullah Danish was appointed as the chairman and Mr. Shafiqullah Stanikzai was named the Chief Executive Officer of the organization.
Afghanistan Cricket Board has had outstanding achievement in the past nine months. The achievements are listed as below:
A: Budget and Income
1 58% of the budget has been increased as per the comparative report of 2014 and 2015. Also 23% expenses has been reduced. The 23% money was used in parties for guests.
2 A sponsorship deal of 1.3 million US Dollar was done with Alokozay Group of Companies International.
3. 230000 US Dollar sponsorship deal done with UNICEF Afghanistan.
4. 115000 US Dollar contract signed with 1TV as the rights of Alokozay- Shpageeza Cricket League sold to 1TV.
5. 85000 US Dollar sponsorship deal with National Fuel Corporation Limited for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
6. 971000 US Dollar donated by various donors.
7. An increase of 700000 to 2000000 US Dollar by International Cricket Council in the annual budget of Afghanistan Cricket Board.
8. A sponsorship deal of 110000 US Dollar with Alokozay Group of Companies for Afghanistan vs. Zimbabwe bilateral series in UAE.
9. Donation of 1300000 Afghanis by Swedish Committee for Afghanistan and Muslim Hand International organization for People with Disabilities Cricket.
B: Activating Task Management Database
C: 70% process of activating Human resources, Financial management and procurement databases completed.
D Addition of three new tournaments in the domestic Cricket.
E: Qualifying to ICC T20 World cup 2016.
F: Arranging 14 International matches with Full member nations.
G Qualifying to ICC U-19 world cup and winner of U-19 level ACC premiere league.
H: Arranging match for national “A” against the development squadof Sri Lanka.
I: Participation of national People with Disabilities team in three international tournaments.
J: Creation of policies of all departments and its approval for His Excellency president of Afghanistan.
K: Hiring 29 new staff (working opportunity for youth.)
L: The construction of 23 academies by development department.
M: The primary process of the construction of Paktia and Kandahar grounds completed.
N: Magazine published by Media department with high quality print.
O: Website update P: Well organized plans created for national teams.
Q: Positive changes in the administration.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is willing to continue the achievements and Cricket will have a bright future in the country.