About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
To manage and provide the Physiotherapy service for the regions (Spinghar, Band E Amir, Mis Ainak, Amo and Boost) teams within the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) Sports Science & Sports Medicine (SSSM) team.
The Regional Physiotherapist is accountable to the Region for Physiotherapy and will report directly to the Sports Science & Sports Medicine (SSSM) Manager regarding the delivery of physiotherapy services to the Regions Teams.
The normal place of work is center of each region (Nangarhar, Kabul, Khost, Kandahar and Kunduz), however frequent travel to other regions and abroad will be required
||03 Dec 2017
||12 Dec 2017
|Number of Vacancies:
||As per company salary scale
||Years of Experience:
||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
• To provide and support Physiotherapy services to all of the ACB Regions Teams with reference to world’s best practice in cricket.
• To act as the primary Physiotherapist to the ACB Regions Teams for training, camps and competitive series. This may involve extended periods of travel, both within the Afghanistan and abroad. It will also require extended hours of work including weekends, evenings and Public Holidays.
• Communicate all relevant injury issues and management plans immediately to the Head Coach of the relevant squad
• All injuries to Regions senior players that prevent the player from fully participating in play, practice or training will be accurately assessed and -the findings communicated with Regional Manager and ACB Sports Science & Sports Medicine (SSSM) Head.
• Discuss, devise and communicate a plan for the management of any significant injuries within 48 hours of the injury being reported.
• Discuss and agree with the injured player, the management plan and logistics regarding attendance for consultations
• Monitor and review the program of treatment, with the ACB Medical Department if deemed necessary, considering the injured player’s progress. Recommend changes in the course of treatment and the provider if not satisfied with the quality of care or progress at any stage.
• Contribute to the monthly Regional team Fitness Report which updates the injury and fitness status which will be distributed to the Region Coaching staff and SSSM Department.
• Maintain accurate and timely medical records on all players on the ACB central medical database Performance Profiler.
• Lead and develop Player Profiling for all Regional squads in conjunction with the Region Coaching staff and SSSM Department.
• Liaise closely with the National Lead of Physiotherapy and be prepared to undertake any other duties.
• Provide relevant information to the ACB Media Manager for the preparation of media statements regarding injured players.
• Undertake appropriate continuing professional development to keep abreast of world’s best practice relevant to cricket
Other Duties include:
• Responsibility for respecting the players’ confidentiality at all times. The Physiotherapist will not pass on any information regarding the injury/ illness to any other person within Region Cricket or elsewhere without the player's consent.
• Liaise closely with the Head Physiotherapist and Head of Sports Science & Sports Medicine (SSSM) regarding assessment outcomes and treatment objectives for the players on a daily basis.
• To coordinate return to play programs with the Head Physiotherapist and the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach.
• The Physiotherapist reports assessment and treatment results, in full, of Professional and Academy players on the electronic note keeping system Profiler.
• Maintaining good working relationships with all playing staff, Head Physiotherapist, Head Strength and Conditioning, Chief Medical Officer, Performance Coaches and ACB Medical Staff.
• To carry out any other duties that may be required by management and are within the capabilities.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong clinical & Physical therapy experience
• Evidence-based injury prevention diagnoses and Rehabilitation
• Experience of working in elite sport and interdisciplinary Science and Medicine team
• Computer literacy
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
DPT/ BSC Physical therapy
A postgraduate qualification specializing in Sports Physiotherapy
Sports and Exercise Medicine or equivalent.
• A minimum of three years’ experience in the provision of Physiotherapy services to elite athletes including some touring.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, physiotherapist)
Interested qualified candidates can submit a copy of their CV's along with the cover letter to the below mentioned email address.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and/ or written test.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is an equal employment opportunity for all.
Note: Please mention the vacancy number in subject line of your email.