About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
An internal controller basic responsibilities are to ensure the implementation and monitor compliance according to ACB policies and procedures. He will help to keep ACB from engaging in potentially illegal or unethical activities that might produce future potential risks. He will be involved in legal compliance, accounting and audit activities. The internal controller position is much larger in a small business, where the position is also responsible for risk management, the controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the ACB, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risks
The internal controller will be reporting to head of Internal Audit department
||03 Dec 2017
||12 Dec 2017
|Number of Vacancies:
||As per company salary scale
||Years of Experience:
||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The internal controller is responsible for rheostat overall purchasing issues of the ACB including budgeting and other expenses to prevent fraud and misuse of ACB assets and capital.
2. Review and research evidence/documents to analyze the overall fact pattern of claim and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations
3. Manage and prioritize a large and varied caseload effectively and efficiently to achieve positive results
4. Assisting internal auditor in process of reviewing data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
5. Counts cash on hand, inspects notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks.
6. Assisting in the process of preparing detailed reports on audit findings.
7. Procurement policy and implementation.
8. Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
9. Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
10. Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
11. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
12. Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
14. Control all aspects of each documentation on multiple simultaneous projects like training camps, tournaments, and other expenses, utilizing various control methods/systems.
15. Prepare, operate and update Document Control Procedures in line with the ACB policies.
16. Ensure proper document control support is given to each document or expenses categorized.
17. Produce and maintain Document Progress Reports to supervisor on time.
18. Perform all internal auditor activities as it assigned.
19. To perform any related task which assigned by head of internal audit department
• The internal controller may be required to travel extensively around the country.
• Must be able to travel and balance work/life priorities.
• Ability to use different accounting software
• Writing skills and demonstrated the ability to develop written reports and action plans in both English and local languages.
• Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned staff.
• BBA in finance or accounting
• 3-years of relevant experience or progressively responsible experience for a major government organization or multinational companies
• Strong understanding of theoretical and practical cricket issues including familiarity with ICC and ACC rules
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Interested qualified candidates can submit a copy of their CV's along with the cover letter to the below mentioned email address.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and/ or written test.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is an equal employment opportunity for all.
Note: Please mention the vacancy number in subject line of your email.