Cricket Operations Manager
About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board.
The rise of cricket in Afghanistan over the last decade has been an extraordinary story in the world of sports. The rapid growth of cricket in the country and the simultaneous success of the National Cricket Team has resulted in cricket being the most popular sport in Afghanistan. Cricket fans across Afghanistan and beyond have developed immense interest in the game of cricket and the National Cricket Team’s participation in both domestic and international cricketing events is closely followed and draw large crowds at the grounds and followers on Television, print media and the internet.
The Afghanistan Cricket Federation was established in 1995 and Afghanistan was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001. Afghanistan was granted associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003. The president of the country issued a decree on 2nd June 2009 which made Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) an independent governing body for the development and promotion of the game of cricket in the country. In 2013, Afghanistan was granted Associate Member status of ICC following notable progress in different areas of administration and development of the game. Afghanistan obtained Full Membership of ICC in June 2017 to become one of the 12 Full Member nations.
The Operations Manager will be responsible to manage and deliver essentials of cricket and technical operations, as well as satisfy compliance procedures and protocols established by ACB and ICC. In addition, managing all international logistics and operational requirements of international teams in efficient and effective way.
The Cricket Operation Manager will report to Head of Cricket Operation.
||27 Nov 2017
||09 Dec 2017
|Number of Vacancies:
||As per company salary scale
||Years of Experience:
||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Promote and develop a culture of cricketing excellence and professionalism at Cricket Operation Department (COD).
• Ensure that all elements of cricket operations are managed, coordinated and delivered professionally and effectively, including the following grounds and facilities are identified and confirmed that are required to host cricket teams and conduct matches.
• Duties will include pre-tour planning, arranging pre-tour preparation periods; day-to-day planning and programming of the team's activities; and managing on-tour travel and accommodation arrangements.
• Prepare event plan and make sure that match personnel appointments were done including umpires, scorers and liaison occurs with each team.
• Catering requirements are met for all hosting cricket matches on time.
• Practice requirements for visiting and invited cricket teams are met including the provision of supporting services e.g. refreshments
• Cricket balls and playing gear is provided for all cricket teams and players.
• Players contract, bonus, and salary advance confirmation
• Managing i.e operations and Budgeting of Shpageeza event.
• Prepare accommodation and transport requirements for relevant teams
• Provide assistance for players and teams transports including airfare or local transport to be organized by cricket operation department efficiently.
• To provide passports, and visa facilities for all type of players on time.
• To conduct financial clearance on time with the finance department.
• Manage daily allowances sheet and make sure the payment take place on time for players and match officials.
• The cricket operation manager will be responsible for the overall management of the operations department, including the following operational issues, and all fixture, travel arrangements, accommodation, and registration etc. of all type of cricketing teams.
• Logistical organizing of all the team’s fixtures, arranged by ICC and ACB in advance but delivered by ACB.
• Organize of training as per needs/facilities in consultation with the Head of Cricket Operations.
• Ensuring smooth player movement around Afghanistan to fixtures.
• Managing all aspects international accommodation/transport.
• For home fixtures, being the Match manager at all matches and ensuring all preparations are in place. On day ‘ownership ‘of all match management issues. Direct liaison with home venues.
• All logistics associated with overseas travel for senior and Junior National Teams.
• For ICC World tournaments, managing squad registration and eligibility deadlines.
• For home International fixtures, sending budgets to ICC in advance of the fixtures along with a security Plan.
• Management of all kit and uniform issues, both playing and team wear.
• Consistent communication with Game Development Manager, and through the letter, the Head Coaches of all Junior National Teams and managers to ensure effective performance program, match day and tour administration.
• Delivery of all key logistics for major Afghanistan matches including ODI and T20 internationals. Lead ACB staff member in the organization of major match cricket logistic requirements.
• Responsibility for the cricket operations budget, reporting to the Head of Cricket Operations and Finance Manager.
• Perform any relevant task may assign by Head of Department
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Time Management: Excellent time management skills, multi-tasking and the ability to work to deadlines
• Organizational knowledge: Ideally experience in working in a cricket environment and/or sporting Organization
• Technical Skills (Specific Job Skills): Competent in the use of task management and current Microsoft Office Suite products particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
CORE COMPTETNCIES: Strong professional ethics & people skills- high level interpersonal and relationship building capabilities (including empathy)
• Able to write business professional proposals.
• Strong planner and coordinator of Event management
• Effective communicator: Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned partners
• Innovative: Ability to work in a team with business leads and creative teams to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
• Attention to detail and the skill of “assuming nothing”
• Courage, Respect and Integrity
• Punctual, honest and trustworthy
• Diplomatic and tactful approach and is a good listener
• Able to plan, organize and prioritize own work to achieve objectives and outcomes to a high standard and within agreed timeframes
• Team Player - a can-do, team-focused approach with delight at helping others reach their potential
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining attention to details.
• Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and have the ability to work unsupervised
• Capacity and enthusiasm to learn new concepts and tasks and take on additional responsibilities and be open to feedback
• Demonstrates the personal qualities and attributes that will contribute to building effective personal relationships within ACB and external stakeholders
• Bachelor degree with 7-year relevant experience
• Master degree with 5- years of relevant experience
• Proven of 2 years technical experience in the cricket field.
• Having experience of setting and measuring output and outcome based programs
• Knowledge of the ICC, its structures, and regulatory requirements
Afghanistan - Kabul
Masters Degree, Administrative
Interested qualified candidates can submit a copy of their CV's along with the cover letter to the below mentioned email address.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and/ or written test.
Afghanistan Cricket Board is an equal employment opportunity for all.
Note: Please mention the vacancy number in subject line of your email.